Mission Team: Ethiopia
Serve on the ground at the heart of a Palau ministry
The Palau Association is currently accepting applications for our 2013 mission team focused on a citywide festival campaign in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Make a Real Difference
You are invited to join the Palau team for a short-term ministry opportunity that combines the power of compassion ministry with the festival model of evangelism. Through your involvement with the Love Ethiopia Festival with Andrew Palau, you can make a dramatic impact on the physical and spiritual need in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Drawing from many years of experience in Africa, the Palau team will help you find the right opportunity for your unique skills, provide the necessary training, and make all logistical arrangements for a safe and rewarding time of ministry. Here are some of the ways you can serve:
- Soccer clinics: Help conduct soccer clinics that combine the power of sports and evangelism to reach kids in the community with the Good News.
- Evangelism teams: Conduct children’s ministry and outreaches in some of the schools and orphanages in and around the city.
- Reading glasses clinics: Work with an ophthalmologist to fit people with reading glasses. In the future, we hope to expand to include prescription glasses.
- Festival Ministry: All teams will have the opportunity to serve as counselors for new and recommitting believers at the festival.
Contact a mission team coordinator at 888.877.5847 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
- Cost: Approximate individual cost for this trip is $1,200 not including airfare. This estimate includes lodging in a double occupancy room, meals, ground transportation, T-shirt, and most ministry supplies. You or your team leader will be responsible for air travel to and from Addis Ababa. (We are available to help if you have questions.)
- Lodging: Hotel is still under consideration. Our hotel choice will be based on what is best for security, cleanliness, and safe food services.
- Passport & airport: A current passport is required, valid for six months following your trip. Your flight should arrive at Bole International Airport (code ADD). Departure tax is included in your plane ticket. You will require a Visa for entry into Ethiopia. Our office can assist with more details regarding Visa requirements.
- Shots: Shots are not required for Ethiopia. Get information about recommended shots here.
Below is a basic overview of the schedule for this trip.* Breakfast and dinner will be provided at the hotel, and we will eat lunch together at different locations. Each group will also have a time of worship, prayer, and debrief each day.
*This itinerary is subject to change. Note: A lot of International flights depart from Addis Ababa around midnight. So, your flight home may depart on Sunday morning.
|Friday, Nov 8||Depart US – Flights to Africa|
|Saturday, Nov 9||Arrive in Addis Ababa. Transportation will be provided from the airport to the hotel.|
|Sunday, Nov 10||Church. Team orientation.|
|Monday, Nov 11-Friday, Nov 15||Morning and afternoon outreaches.|
|Saturday, Nov 16||Love Ethiopia Festival – all day!|
|Sunday, Nov 17||Love Ethiopia Festival – all day!|
|Nov 17/18th||Flights Home|
Mission Team: Ethiopia
November 8-18, 2013