GOOD NEWS IN COLOMBIA.
Sixty years ago the nation of Colombia was in the midst of great transition and strife. As political upheaval and severe conflict rocked the small Latin nation, a small band of faithful believers approached a young evangelist named Luis Palau who had just
arrived in the country.
The group asked him to help lead an evangelistic effort through the streets of the capital city of Bogotá. They knew it would be dangerous given the unrest and discord among the nation and the adverse perceptions of the evangelical church. And there
were so few committed followers of Jesus.
Yet they were determined to share the Good News with the nation. The campaign proved to be Luis Palau’s first-ever outdoor crusade. It also marked a powerful shift in the trajectory of Colombia.
This campaign became the starting point for the Palau Association’s worldwide evangelistic effort. And now, 60 years later . . . these same faithful leaders are ready to do it again in Bogotá.
At the invitation of hundreds of churches and thousands of believers, the Palau Association is returning to the nation of Colombia, leading the Church in a unified, area-wide evangelistic festival focused again in Bogotá.
Working with, though, and for the local Church, the goal of this evangelistic campaign is to unify the Church and train believers in order to proclaim the life-changing message of Jesus Christ to thousands of individuals throughout the nation, once again shaking the nation with the Gospel and launching the Church into a powerful new season of evangelism.
THE BACKGROUND //
This event in Colombia holds special meaning for Luis, as he held his first evangelistic crusade in Bogotá 52 years ago (1966). He returns to this special city with his son Andrew, preparing to share the Gospel with a new generation of Colombians.
Returning to the historic Plaza de Bolívar, Luis will lift up Jesus in the heart of this world-class city. The campaign will also include a 1-day festival in Parque de Bolívar using music, the arts, and a clear presentation of the Good News, as well as satellite
festivals in surrounding towns.
CAMPAIGN SPECIFICS //
- The capstone festival in the heart of Bogotá is set for August 18-19.
- 4 regional evangelistic festivals planned throughout the city in June and July.
- A major advertising campaign launching in June.
- Affinity outreaches in prisons, universities, and neighborhoods.
- Special outreaches to business leaders and civic leaders.
- Street teams saturating the region starting in June.
- Friendship Evangelism Training to thousands of believers.
- Television and radio ads will run throughout the month of July and into August.
- International television broadcast of the festival via our friends at Enlace.
- International radio partners will also carry coverage of the festival.
PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITY //
God is moving in wonderful ways in Colombia and we are excited to see what He does next. Please prayerfully consider partnering with the Luis Palau Association to help us respond to these growing invitations. Through your financial gift, as God
leads, you can help us work with local believers to impact Colombia for Christ.